Thursday, May 12, 2011

Can't "Peel" Them Away From This Banana Bread


Chocolate Indulgence Banana Bread

More and more people have been asking for me to post my recipe for my Chocolate Indulgence Banana Bread.  I won't try to put a healthy spin on this folks ... It's dessert ... It's decadent ... It's amazing.  This banana bread recipe will be the last one you'll ever turn to.  This rich bread is made from only the best, quality ingredients and comes out moist, flavorful and aromatic every time.  The Dutch Cocoa and really ripe bananas truly make this dish.  I'll be honest ... this bread looks a little plain and disarming on a serving plate sitting next to cakes and brownies, but I promise you, it WILL be the talk of your next party. 

Down 35 pounds now, I confess that I have to bake it while chewing gum to make sure I don't lick the bowl or "sample" it along the way.  For the working woman or busy mom out theremy Chocolate Indulgence Banana Bread can be made quickly, the recipe can easily be made in bulk quantities, freezes perfectly and can be defrosted slice by slice during the week for those in your household who shall remain nameless who just gotta satisfy that ever aching sweet tooth.  Oh, and coupled with a scoop of ice cream, it's just plain magic.  Enjoy!      

Ingredients:
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Dutch Cocoa*
3 or more ripe (I like them dead) bananas
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Banana Liquor
1 cup or more good semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped

Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Butter and flour a large loaf pan or two. 
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. (I like to split the sugar as half brown sugar, half white sugar). 
- Once creamy, add in eggs until fluffy. 
- In a separate bowl, sift all dry ingredients.
- In a third bowl, mash bananas and mix in extract and liquor.  Add the dry ingredients and the bananas, alternating in thirds and ending with the bananas. 
- Add in chocolate (I use Ghirardelli chocolate and typically add in more than the recipe!). 
- Bake in oven 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out relatively clean.  Do not overcook this bread.  Best that it stays moist.  Cool on a rack, wrap in cellophane and refrigerate. 

Real Meals (ahem ... Desserts) for the Working Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment